Hi, I’m Lucio Ribeiro, a Lecturer in A.I. at Future Skills RMIT, public speaker in A.I. and a media commentator for the general topic of Artificial Intelligence.
In 2016 I decided to start learning A.I. (artificial intelligence) and since then I realised two things:
- There is an enormous amount of misguided and wrong information online. Many of it well-intended but foolish, they are based on what people “want to see” rather than what people really see, or based in shallow and superficial view of this important topic.
- I also noticed a lack of online materials that would explain and guide business leaders in Artificial Intelligence. Most of the texts, courses and guides were (or are) technical. Kind of buzz killer for any leader trying to learn about one of the most revolutionary changes we are seeing in our society.
This website is one of my efforts in Demystifying A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) for business leaders. It is to help to translate the largely used technical language to an everyday business language that Boards, CEO’s, CMO’s and other C’s in the leadership team can understand.
I want to establish that I’m not an Artificial Intelligence expert.
I have, however, earned some credibility in the last years with some of my efforts of demystifying A.I. for Leadership. My credentials:
- MIT – Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Sloan School of Management. Executive program. Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy.(2018/2019)
- Deakin University lecturer in Data and Market Insights
- RMIT University lecturer in Digital
- RMIT University lecturer in Artificial Intelligence in Future Skills.
Public Speaking (last 12 months)
- Advertising Week APAC -Sydney/Australia. The AI Trade-off. Panel with Vijay Solanki (Former CEO of IAB & digital marketer), Lawrence Crumpton A.I. Evangelist Microsoft, Vince Lynch CEO IV.AI, Ophir Tanz CEO GumGum
- Advertising Week LATAM – Mexico City. A.I. The truth and the Noise. A.I. for Leaders in times of marketing hardship.
- AIEC – Australian International Education Conference – Sydney/Australia. A.I. The truth and the Noise in Education. (slides here)
- Advertising Week APAC – Sydney. A.I. The truth and the Noise. A.I. for Leaders in times of marketing hardship.
- 2019 Spotlight on Members – Superannuation Association – Melbourne
- 2019 Advertising Week New York
A.I. Show – AI For Business (AI) Video interviews
- Demystifying AI (artificial intelligence) for Business Leaders. Fernando Machado Burger King CMO (Watch the A.I. interview)
- Demystifying AI for Business Leaders. Brian Silver MIT Facilitator and Lead Tech (Watch the A.I. interview)
- Demystifying AI (artificial intelligence) for Business Leaders. Salil Ahuja AI Leader IBM Watson (Watch the A.I. interview).
- Demystifying AI for Business Leaders. Katie King author, AI consultant, Tedx speaker and A.I. leader at UK Parliament workforce (Watch the A.I. interview).
Demystifying A.I. Show
We are surrounded by hysteria about the future of Artificial Intelligence.
C-Level is confused and doesn’t quite know who to listen to, what to believe and how to use AI leadership in times of Marketing hardship.
Simple advice for C-Level, boards and leadership team on what is A.I. and where to start.
Watch the YouTube show
PDFs and Resources
- Presentation – AI leadership. AI the basics of the truth and noise public. The 6 things I identified in AI – Download the A.I. Presentation
- AI Trends In 2019. One of my favorites resources. AI Trends In 2019 is an analysis of emerging AI trends using the CB Insights NExTT framework. Download the A.I. report
- An executive’s guide to AI by McKinsey. A basic, visual resource. An executive’s guide to AI
- (Free) AI For Everyone by deeplearning.ai. Created by Andrew Ng. Ng co-founded Google Brain, former Chief Scientist at Baid, Stanford Prof. and co-founder of Coursera and deeplearning.ai – Coursera
- (Free) Data Science: Machine Learning by HarvardX’s multi-part Data Science Professional Certificate series – EDX
- (Paid) Artificial Intelligence: Implications for business. A practical grounding in AI and its business applications – MIT